The Best RE/MAX Accolades of 2020
We can all agree that 2020 was like one big FSBO deal: The year started out strong and then everything turned on a dime. Despite the pitfalls and uncertainties, RE/MAX agents powered through – many having their best professional years to date. Likewise, the RE/MAX brand earned plenty of praise in 2020, taking home over a dozen honours and accolades. Here’s a look at this year’s top achievements in review:
1. RE/MAX is the No. 1 real estate brokerage franchise, according to Entrepreneur’s 2020 Franchise 500® survey
More than 1,100 franchisors applied to be included in this year's Franchise 500. RE/MAX was selected as the top real estate brokerage franchisor based on various factors including unit growth, financial strength, stability and brand power.
2. In the REAL Trends 500 survey, RE/MAX agents averaged twice as many transaction sides as competing agents – for the 10th consecutive year
The 2020 REAL Trends 500 survey revealed RE/MAX agents in participating large brokerages averaged 15.6 transaction sides, while all other agents in the survey averaged 7.0.
3. RE/MAX agents earned the most spots in the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP) Top 250 Latino Agents Report
It was the sixth straight year RE/MAX agents have earned the most spots on the NAHREP Top 250 list, which honours the accomplishments of top-producing Latinx real estate agents.
4. For the fifth time in the past seven years, RE/MAX had more top-ranked agents than any other real estate brand in the annual REAL Trends “The Thousand” ranking
More of the nation’s top-ranked agents are with RE/MAX than any other brand.
5. RE/MAX ranked as the No. 1 real estate franchise on Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Global Franchise list
The global real estate franchisor has an unmatched global footprint in more than 110 countries and territories and on every continent except Antarctica.
6. Forbes named RE/MAX one of America’s Best Employers for both women and veterans
While a recent survey shows women hold only one in four C-suite positions, RE/MAX, LLC has an executive team that’s 50% female and a board of directors that’s 41% female. It's also a preferred workplace for veterans.
7. For the 12th straight year, RE/MAX is the No. 1 real estate franchise brand in the annual Franchise Times Top 200 list
RE/MAX ranked as the No. 1 real estate franchise brand in the annual Franchise Times Top 200 list, based on global sales. Coming in at No. 16, RE/MAX joins household names such as McDonald’s, 7-Eleven and Taco Bell at the top of the list.
8. RE/MAX, LLC was named a fastest-growing franchise by Entrepreneur magazine for the 7th consecutive year
RE/MAX likes to move fast and the world knows it. This is the 19th time RE/MAX has made the list.
9. Remax.com is the No. 1 real estate franchisor website in visits, according to Hitwise
Announced in April, millions of visitors helped make remax.com the most-visited real estate franchisor website in 2019. It’s a title remax.com has earned for the last five years.
10. 11 RE/MAX leaders claimed spots in the 2020 Swanepoel Power 200 ranking
Three corporate executives and eight regional/local leaders were recognized in the ranking of real estate’s most influential individuals.
We’d be remiss not to mention top honours for RE/MAX Leadership in 2020. Congratulations on an exceptional year of success, perseverance, grit – and, most importantly, #REMAXHustle.
11. RE/MAX CEO Adam Contos won the American Business Award Maverick of the Year Silver Award
Contos was recognized for being a constant driver of corporate innovation and service enhancement. In the words of one of the judges, “To take a company to greater heights requires both mission and vision, which Mr. Contos has, and which is evident from the described success of what he has achieved thus far. With innovative ideas and out of the box thinking, RE/MAX Holdings is deepening its roots in the world of real estate.”
12. RE/MAX Chief Customer Officer Nick Bailey was a HousingWire Vanguard Award winner
Recognized by HousingWire for business growth initiatives and his Facebook Live show “Good Morning RE/MAX,” Bailey told HousingWire his secret to success is embracing change. “With 24 years in the real estate industry, I’ve seen changes in technology, the economy and business world and I’ve learned that the secret to staying in business is simply to not put yourself out of business by being resistant to the changing needs of your audience,” he said.